Thursday, August 29, 2013

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA  AUG. 24, 2013

Well, we are here in Las Vegas, at the same park (Las Vegas Rv Resort) that we were at 3 months ago.  This time we are here to visit my relatives and to have a checkup from a urologist.  We are lucky, we come in on Saturday and find out that my cousin marvin and his wife geri are having a brunch on Sunday morning and I will get to see my cousins that I haven't seen for about 40 years.

We go for brunch on sunday and halleleuja we have lox and bagels and fruit and noodle kugel, Joel and I are in heaven and everyone is asking about our life on the road.  My cousin Phyliss is having a birthday and we have a cake for her and I see my cousin ronny and his wife Karen too.  We stay till about 4 pm and then go to my brother Joel and his wife Roberta's house and his son Scott and his fiancée Heather, they also all came to the brunch.  My niece Faith and her three daughters come over and we all have Chinese food together.  We have a wonderful time, even though it is pouring rain, a respite from the 105 degree sun.  Las Vegas is either hot or cold.  Not much grass to speak of, only on the gold courses.  The park we are in is all rock but very nicely done and lots of palm trees. 

Aside from going to Walmart and restaurants, there is not much to do here unless you are a gambler.  Today we went to the dr. arranged tests which will keep us here for another week, got new tires for the vette, and bushings and shock absorbers tomorrow.  Then we will go to Faith for dinner this weekend, kasha and varnishkas, brisket, we can hardly wait.  She lives about an hour away in Sun City, it will be good to get away from here for a while.  All the campgrounds here are about 5 miles from the strip and there are loads of homeless people and poverty here.  The poor get poorer and the rich get poorer as well.  You have to get at least an hour away to find the nice developments and the mountains are beautiful. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are getting to visit family. It sounds like a wonderful time. What's kasha and varnishkas?? We finally moved! We're at the NC Fairgrounds in Raleigh with the GypsyTurtles. We'll be visiting family this upcoming weekend too. Hoping all stays good with you and Joel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kasha are buckwheat groats and are delicious, varnishkas are bowtie pasta, you cook up some stewed onions and add to kasha, add bowties, a little salt and heaven. I hope you are having fun with the gypsy turtles, I tried to get them to read my blog, but no reply, see if you can get them too. I am also following, flying the koop, they post almost everyday. I don't think anyone but you guys are following our posts.

      Delete