Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Dec. 10, 2013 FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH SPA RV PARK IN NILAND CA

Had a nice thanksgiving, ate far too much and had a new treat, a corn bake, delicious.  The people in this park make the best potluck foods.  I will have to wait till after the holidays to lose some weight so that my clothes will fit me again.  The weather has changed to real chilly,  50's during the day but hot sun so it is really tolerable.  The nights are in the forties but our heat pump keeps us nice and warm.  It if gets much colder we will have to turn on the furnace.  Yesterday I was cooking using the electric fry pan and the toaster oven and then put on a small electric heater in the kitchen area just to warm us up a bit.  Bad move, I blew a breaker somewhere in the coach, because of all the heating appliances.  No tv, no outlets, no fridge, oh dear.  We checked the breakers in the bedroom and they were all ok, the gfi in the bathroom was ok too, so we checked the fuses and ok too.  Then Joel went out to the bay with the inverter and lo and behold the inverter has a breaker too and it had popped.  One click and we were good to go again.  We learned a valuable lesson , too many heated appliances.  It seems the kitchen works off  the inverter, duh, didn't know that until now.  Glad we learned another interesting bit of info about our coach.  I guess all Monaco and holiday rambler coaches are made like that.  Today we stuck around the coach and our neighbors came in and visited us.  I think the main reason they come is to play with our cat Peanut.  They used to have cats and they love them.  Then we went to the Café for dinner tonight.  I got my days mixed up and thought the special for tonight was Pork Loin.  Tonight was liver and onions which I love, but Joel unfortunately doesn't love it that much so he had fried shrimp.  It was good not to have to cook all the time.  I have been taking advantage of the fresh market that comes here two mornings a week and have been buying lots of fresh veggies.  I now make sautéed spinach and squash and eggplant, and I will be branching out into brussel sprouts this weekend.  I have been putting more effort into my cooking and it has been beginning to show.  I and Joel are eating a healthier menu, lots of fruits and veggies and whole grains.  Well, the weather man said we will be warming up this weekend.  Lots of activities coming up for xmas, the parade, the xmas pageant which I have a very big part in, xmas singing show, I also have a song, ping pong pot luck dinner, and other pot luck and block parties.  Something is always going on around here.  Well, y'all stay warm and will post again soon.

1 comment:

  1. It sure sounds like you and Joel are really enjoying yourselves. And I can understand why your neighbors would come to visit...I would just love to pet Peanut too! Glad you figured out the inverter fuse, doesn't it seem there is always something to figure out with these coaches?? Thanks for the info, I'm sure we'll need it in the future. We're counting down our days until we get to Florida. :+)

    ReplyDelete