Monday, December 30, 2013

STILL HERE IN FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH RV PARK   Dec. 30, 2013

It is hard to believe that we are here for over two  months already.  We are so busy most days  that we don't know what day it is.  But here we are and tomorrow is New Years Eve.  We are going to a dance here at the park to celebrate, with music and dinner.  I hope I can find something to wear that fits me, that is a problem right now.  After all the eating out, pot lucks, and just plain laziness in the last year and a half since I retired I have put on more lbs.  I must get them off, so I joined a stretch and strengthen class three days a week here.  It is an hour and a half class and we stretch and use weights and  lots of exercises for all areas of the body.  The first day I went, I couldn't move the next day, today was my 3rd class and I feel much better.  Today we had 58 people in the class and 12 of them were men.  I walk to the class and that is about a 1/4 mile uphill so that helps too.  I am bound and determined to wear my old clothes.  I am eating less too and not much bread, which is my downfall.  Joel is in very good shape, and he walks a lot and goes to the class too. 

On new years day we are invited to a Tamale Party (oh no more food) and I will try to be good, but after that,  oh no on Saturday is the all you can eat pancake breakfast.  I will start cutting back next week I promise. 

I got rave reviews on my performance in the xmas play and today went to the drama club to start rehersals for our next show.  It will be in February and is "Gilligans Island" the musical.  It is a funny show and lots of songs.  I will have the part of the movie star, hm hm.  Looking forward to strutting my stuff on stage, got to get into some slinky dresses.  I got my hair done last week and goodbye brown, and hello blond streaks.  Everyone didn't even know who I was and I got lots of compliments from the men and women alike. 

I am going to try and play paddle tennis, which is a smaller court tennis, with doubles.  I hope it doesn't conflict with my ping pong club.  Joel and I love to play ping pong.  He plays regular tennis almost every morning from 7-9 am.  I am still rolling over in bed at that time.  I am also going to go to the water zumba classes.  That will be a lot of fun.  Anything with music in it I love.

Well, want to wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

1 comment:

  1. I got your comment on my blog this morning. It's always good to hear from you. I know your performance in the musical was wonderful. I look forward to the day we get to hear you sing too. We can't wait to enjoy Florida this winter and maybe one day we'll be in the California/Arizona area for winter like you and Joel. That area sounds so nice. We wish you, Joel, Peanut and the Birdies a Happy New Year too. We'll stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete