Thursday, July 24, 2014

IDAHO FALLS

Idaho Falls, Snake River Rv Park.  We arrive on July 21st.  It is very wooded and we get a very long pull-thru.  We manage to get our satellite signal by maneuvering the rig between the trees.  The placed looks like it used to be a koa.  It is in the middle of an industrial area, but a real nice campground. 

Today the 22nd we go to a small zoo in town and then an attraction called Bearworld.  It is a real nice little zoo.  We saw camels, lions, kangaroos, penguins, otters, and a beautiful monkey house.  Then we drive to Bearworld which is a drive thru safari animal park.  Saw moose, elk, loads of bears.  Then we went into the petting zoo and I had my fun.  I got to play with deer, a baby fawn, goats and adorable guinea hens.  See pics.  Then went back to our neighborhood and had Mexican food at "Jalisco's".  Wonderful homemade Mexican food.  I had the arroz con pollo, and Joel had the steak fajitas, chips, salsa and bean dip.  We drank water with lemon.  It is amazing, the water in the west is delicious. 

Well, it is Wednesday, the 23rd, our last day here.  We were planning on going to the Museum of Idaho but alas my back went our and I have to sit straight , rest up and use ice and heating pad, my back goes out more than I do, ha ha. 
 
Isn't this the cutest thing
 
 
 
They were so friendly
 
 
 
 
Before we left the park we met the nicest couple who came in the night before.  They are Kathleen and Dean Solcher from Houston Texas.  We will keep in touch.
 
 
 

1 comment: