Sunday, July 27, 2014

MERIDIAN, IDAHO

We pulled into the Boise-Meridian Koa rv park on July 23, for 4 nights.  This is a very nice Koa which is about 25 minutes from Boise, but alas we never went to Boise because on the second day we were here my back went out AGAIN.  A couple of days later I felt better and there happened to be a corvette and classic car show in the town we were in so we went and had a great time, wonderful people.  Speaking of wonderful people we had a great couple next to us, our age and just delightful.  Debbie and Vern live in Sonora Ca, in the sierra mountains and have a home there and horses and such.  They are on their summer trip in their new rv a Thor and have problems already with one of their slides.  It is a beautiful rig, great layout, I hope they straighten it all out.  They invited us for dinner Saturday night and we had bbq chicken and she made fresh potato salad, I made a garden salad and we had wine and rum and cokes.  We sat around and talked till 11:30 pm and then in the morning they left, we were sad to see them go but they will come and see us in the ca desert this winter.  We hung around all day Sunday while I tried to make reservations for the next week.  Where we wanted to go was completely booked up, so I changed our itinerary to bring us to the Oregon coast along I84.  It will work out ok.  I have the next 2 places booked and tomorrow morning we leave for Baker City, Oregon which will probably take us about 2 hrs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment